Keenan Allen Wore a Raiders Hat and Now Smart Chargers Fans Hate Him

keenan-allen-raiders

That’s the photo that set twitter afire this past weekend. That’s Chargers 3rd round draft pick Keenan Allen, stud wide receiver out of Cal. That’s a Raiders hat.

You’re probably thinking… “no way a Chargers rookie would wear a Raiders hat, post it on his Vine account, and think that’s a good idea.” Well, that’s exactly what happened. On the bright side, it’s nice to see he’s eating In-N-Out.

Many of you sent me this screengrab, so I felt obliged to respond. My initial was simple. “Well, that was dumb. Chargers fans hate the Raiders. He won’t do that again.” That was my thought. That’s still my thought. Now that he’s a Charger, he can’t just go wearing any ole hat he wants because he likes the design or the look and he’s making a fashion statement. Rookie move, no biggie. I sent out a tweet to summarize, and Kevin Acee responded to it as well, and that’s when things got interesting.

I agree with Acee here, non-story, but lack of discernment… won’t happen again. I clearly underestimated the way fans would react to this… and react to me, personally. I’ll throw some responses to below… just to show you how clearly and logically people think when it comes to their fanhood.

I love a good “ass-wipe!!!!!” drop. Pretty rational, right? Kick him off the team and refuse to root for a guy because he’s a dumb rookie that wore the wrong hat. Good call. That’s what makes you a real Chargers fan. Not cheering for a guy on your team because he wasn’t thinking clearly enough to change his fashion sense after the draft.  (apologies for my crappy skills at embedding tweets)

Keenan deleted the Vine post and took to twitter to apologize.

keenan

Like me, he didn’t realize how badly this would piss fans off… Then, just to piss people off and add some fuel to the fire… I made this little creation.

keenan-allen-broncos

He loves every AFC West team except for his own!!! What a loser! Kick him off the team.

Like I said, it was a dumb rookie mistake. I don’t think older fans realize that “kids now-a-days” wear hats for fashion, not because they are necessarily fans. I love my old-school Expos hat, my Astros hat, my Brewers hat, my White Sox hat… I don’t give a crap about those teams, but I love those hats. I know I don’t actually play for the Padres so this not a perfect analogy, just making the point that fashion these days goes far beyond fanhood, so everybody just take a deep breath. Once Keenan scores a TD against the Raiders, I’m guessing Chargers fans will forgive him.

This entry was posted in Football, NFL and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Keenan Allen Wore a Raiders Hat and Now Smart Chargers Fans Hate Him

1. smitty says:

your an idiot

2. Ben says:

This isn’t a fashion statement. He played at Cal…Berkeley…Oakland…Raider fan. I usually agree with most things you say, but I believe you’re wrong here. You should drop it, and let this be the “non-story” you really think it is. Let people forget. This is a DIVISION RIVAL, and it was a dumbass move. He should have been smarter than that. It’s like wearing an Apple t-shirt on your first day on the job at Microsoft.

3. AJM says:

I think your analogy is actually pretty solid. If I saw you in an Astros hat I’d call you an idiot too!

4. Pingback: Keenan Allen Wears Raiders Hat in Vine, Draws Vitriol From Chargers Fans on Twitter | NFL | NESN.com

5. John PPutz says:

Shows the kid is a loser to start with. Rai8ers=losing.

• Sergio says:

u guys can talk all your shit about the raiders that’s y your guys own draft pick wore our hat rather than your gay ass shit shows where he really wanted to be fuck the haters raider nation

• jonesy says:

Do we have to pay for punctuation marks?……..

• Trevor says:

Classic Raiders fan comment.

Grammar of a 13 year old. Check.
        Use of “Raider Nation” in comment. Check.
        Refers to the greatness of a failing team. Check.

• Dantana says:

Yeah Trevor and the 4th and worst one is “f*** the haters”. I see it spelled out on cars; would love to see them get pulled over and given a ticket just for being obscene in public. Little kids don’t need to see that…

• Got rings? says:

True Chargers fans never refer to past greatness but that’s mostly b/c it doesn’t exist

• Spanky says:

I guess the prison computer in the library doesn’t have spell or grammar check, so please go easy on the Raider fans who are replying.

6. Pingback: Keenan Allen wore an Oakland Raiders hat, angered Chargers fans | Larry Brown Sports

7. Pingback: Chargers rookie wore a Raiders hat and fans aren’t happy - Pro Sports Review | Pro Sports Review

8. Brandon C says:

Does this mean I’m a dumb dumb?

9. Pingback: Monday’s P.M. Hot Clicks | Extra Mustard - SI.com

10. Pingback: Bay Area Sports Guy – Raiders loved everywhere … even in the Chargers’ locker room?

11. Raider4life says:

HAHA this kid will be right at home when we come play our “9th” home game in SD this year. It truely is sad that Charger fans let thousands of Raider fans take over their stadium every year, but hey what do expect out of a team that gave Norv Turner more second chances than Tina did Ike. Also chargers eat a fat one.

“truely” sad indeed.

• Spanky says:

Not true butthead. I have been to every Chargers vs Raiturds games except 3 since 1987, and yes it is true there are more black and silver toothless, crack heads than anyother teams fans at that game, but you do not take over the stadium. So keep dreaming. 12 out of the last 13 to the Chargers, take about the big fat one? How does that lightning bolt feel up your ***?

• blackroseMD1 says:

You can’t even fill up your own stadium. Your team just had to cover up seats to avoid blackouts, and now have the smallest stadium in the NFL…and you still can’t hit that 85% mark.

The thought of Raiders fans filling up any stadium is laughable.

12. Pingback: Pro Football Zone | Keenan Allen wears a Raiders hat, Chargers fans go nuts (Photo) - Pro Football Zone

13. CVRaiders says:

As a Raiders fan who lives in Chula Vista, he is now the only Chargers player I like. Come to the dark side Keenan, we know your heart is with the Silver and Black.

• Prick says:

I know exactly who you are asshole. Pay your debts you cheap bastard, I don’t care how hard you complain about life being or you’re car not working anymore. Stupid ass loser.

14. Pingback: Keenan Allen catches flak for wearing Raiders hat | RaidersEdge.com

15. Tidal says:

I think I can speak for all Chargers fans now by saying “Keenan, you are forgiven”