Scott and BR are Back…and Hello Amber Mesker!

Don’t call it a comeback. Scott and BR are back. I don’t know all the details yet, they are embarking on some new venture with the U-T San Diego called UT-TV… and as you can see, they are not alone. Once this show airs… there’s gonna be a lot of this talk at the water cooler. “Who’s that girl with Scott and BR?” Meet Amber Mesker, San Diego’s soon to be most googled girl. Smoking hot, and from what I can tell in this video where they talk about their new project… she’s fun and witty… and she’ll need to be, around Scott and BR.

I wrote about Scott and BR’s departure from XX1090 here.  It has gotten some heavy traffic, and some intense comments. Currently there are over 200 comments. People either love or hate Scott and BR… well, hate is mostly reserved for Scott. He’s the more polarizing of the two. Everybody seems to love BR. A couple of quotes from the crystal ball that was that post: “Their futures? Scott will be just fine, as he’s a pretty connected dude…As for BR, he’ll join Scott when their show ultimately gets picked up by someone else…. which I think it will, in some fashion, possibly television.” Nailed it.

Like I said in that post, my schedule didn’t really permit me to listen to their show… but a few years back, when it did, I listened, and I liked them. I like a good second chance story too. We all say stuff we shouldn’t… I do on LobShots all the time, then I feel bad and dumb afterward. That happened with Scott a lot, and I’m sure it will continue to. I’ve heard the countless arguments of why they are awful and why they shouldn’t be on the air… but what it comes down to for me, is not their sports knowledge… it’s them. They make me laugh. They talk sports (and now more apparently.) So, I’m glad they’re coming back, and it was brilliant of the U-T to put a hot young girl with them. Not only will she bring in viewership, she can be the one to make all the lewd comments about women now… or laugh when Scott does.

Another thing, I do find it very interesting that the U-T, who you could argue played a hand in getting Scott fired at XX1090 with their coverage of the remarks he made, hired Scott and BR. Let’s take it a step further… was this was all part of the U-T’s master plan to lure Scott and BR away?! Get them fired, then swoop them up?! Conspiracy theorists unite! No, on second thought… don’t, because that’s stupid. However, I do remember them ripping on the old U-T though… so I guess new ownership doesn’t carry a grudge on behalf of the old owners.

Lastly… Amber, hit me up. Let’s do an exclusive interview. I know Dumb and Dumber is one of your favorite movies. You’re a Colorado girl, Colorado State by way of Pagosa Springs HS, so I’ll help you tap into the pulse of San Diego. Don’t you know, lobsters make the world go ’round? Together, we’ll explode the interwebs. (Too strong? It felt like I came on a little too strong. Damnit, she thinks I’m a stalker.)

[screengrabs via UT-SD video]

This entry was posted in Media, News, TV and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Scott and BR are Back…and Hello Amber Mesker!

1. SDPads1 says:

Anyone could have seen this deal coming from miles away especially with John Lynch Sr now heavily involved with the Union Tribune ever since Doug Manchester bought the paper. Personally I was a Scott & BR fan and I’m looking forward to it. Bringing in Chris Cantore, Scott & BR and possibly others has me more excited about this than anything I’ve heard on the radio lately.

2. TJ says:

About time been waiting, that radio station really is terrible now. I went back to sirius. let go fellas..GREAT FRIENDS !!

3. Julio R. says:

Yeeeaaahhh!!!

I really enjoy the banter between Scott and Billy Ray.

This has the potential to be great.

Their former station has reverted back to your typical, boring, predictable sports station (although I do enjoy Coach Kintera).

I can’t wait.

Julio R.

4. Don Silver says:

BRING IT BOYS…BR has the sharpest wit..dude is so right on..really looking forward to this…not sure how Im going to get it at work during the day..is there a app for my phone?

5. JR says:

1090 is god awful now!!! Can’t wait for Scott and BR to be back on the air!!!
    Keep me posted!

6. Hector M. says:

My radio was set to wake me up every morning to the Scott & BR show on the 1090,
    I enjoyed listening to these guys what else is there to say! I still wake up to the same station, same time but one difference, after a few minutes I hit the off button. Let me know when and for sure I will be tuning in to Scott & BR.

7. Chris Krechter says:

Scott is God awful, not funny or very bright. Good luck Amber, your going to need it with that sexist jerk at your side. Colorado girl, you should have higher standards.

Go Buffalo’s!

8. Tom Schiff says:

Amber Mesker may be cute but she seems very “sophmorish”.

9. Anonymous says:

How much do you want to bet that Amber will get romantically involved with one of these guys. B.R. seems to be awefully getting touchy and close with her ……….

i’ll bet your annual salary.
      that’s the stupidest thing i’ve ever heard.
      so, do we have a deal? an $8,000 bet?

10. Tom in San Diego says:

Hey – BR – I will bet all of my $7.50. :)

Actually – I think Amber is holding out for Pratty Laddy.

11. Jon Hart says:

This is the worst show ever! It is embarrassing to watch! Scott “the worm” Kaplan is a terrible lead person and a well know pig. I have seen better production by middle school students. Are you proud of this Papa?

12. tripod says:

i like coco in the mornins

13. jr says:

Ha Ha Ha, can’t wait to hear Scott talk about his sister in law again or hear BR story about sizing dudes up at parties in college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Tom Schiff says:

Haven’t really been able to catch much of the “new” show – but always loved hearing about Scott’s sister – and as for ole rascal – Billy Ray – if you were a real dude – you did size up guys at partys – as you never knew who was trying to head hunt/gain a reputation by trying to knock off your block.

15. Don says:

I’m so glad Scott & BR are back on the radio! :O)