The Dilemma: Do You Love Urban Meyer and Hate Ohio State?

Reports are flying around the interwebs that Urban Meyer has accepted a 7-year, $40 million deal to coach OSU. However, as of right now, Urban Meyer is denying that he is the Ohio State Buckeyes head coach.

“I have not been offered any job nor is there a deal in place. I plan on spending Thanksgiving with my family and will not comment on this any further.” – Urban Meyer

Even if it’s not official yet, it seems pretty inevitable. So, if he does become the head coach at OSU, it begs the question: What do you do if you love Urban Meyer, but hate Ohio State? This is my predicament because I think Urban’s a stand up guy, but boy do I dislike Ohio State. After giving it a lot of thought… I am going to continue to love Urban Meyer the person, and strongly dislike the Ohio State Buckeyes football program, and the majority of its fans. Urban had his national championship success with Tebow at Florida, so he doesn’t need any titles to validate his career…so I don’t need to cheer for Ohio State. Problem solved.

Side question: Is this Urban Meyer with an amazing mustache as tight end coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes?

His wiki page has him as the tight end coach in 1986 and wide receivers coach in 1987. This is a screen shot from the 1987 Cotton Bowl. Is it Urban? It looks like him. Lobsters? What do you think?

**update: Urban Meyer has indeed accepted the Ohio State head coaching job**

This entry was posted in College Football and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Dilemma: Do You Love Urban Meyer and Hate Ohio State?

1. Mac says:

Still trying to make up for missing Sidney Crosby’s creepy stache… Cute try BP.

2. Herm says:

i like how urban meyer left college football 1 year ago for health reasons…but is now going to OSU. his doctor probably told him, if you want a stress free job…go to OSU and coach in the Big Ten….because the conference sucks

3. Mike D. says:

Urban Meyer and stand up guy don’t belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence. He is slime and now I have a reason to hate Ohio State even more….

4. J dot says:

I have the opposite dilemma.

5. charlie benn says:

i hate urban meyer. why would u leave florida for freakn ohio state. I’m a florida fan so i used to like him but he is my least favorite person now.

6. Chuckie says:

Urban Meyer is a stand up guy. He first threatened to leave Florida because a few local businessmen and at least one alumni donor were catering to his players. This was his “health” reasons. He asked the university administration for assistance to stop the NCAA infractions and those went unanswered, so he left. His health reason were he was going to have a heart attack from the stress…